Five Surprising Foods You Thought Your Preschooler Would Never Eat (but Will Love!):
1. Kiwi: This bright green fruit, with it's fuzzy outside often gets overlooked by parents and kids alike. Packed with fiber, folate, Vitamin C, potassium and more, you'd be amazed how much kids enjoy touching and eating this fruit. You can even let them scoop out the fruit from the skin for a fun, alternative way to eat it.
2. White fish: While most adults know kids should be eating salmon for the omega-3s, many often overlook the more mild tasting, incredibly nutritious types like cod, branzino and snapper. Fish is a great source of protein, selenium, phosphorus, B12, iron and more important nutrients for a growing child.
3. Greek yogurt: Most kids really enjoy yogurt, especially the sweetened ones. But, Greek yogurt can be another great alternative for a protein and calcium filled snack or breakfast, especially since greek yogurt is even higher in protein than regular yogurt. Try adding fruit like blueberries, strawberries or even freeze dried bananas to sweeten it up naturally.
4. Quiche: Made with eggs and cheese, this delicious meal is often neglected as a food for kids. Since most kids love eggs and cheese cooked together, it's a great way to get some vegetables into their diet in a way they enjoy. Note, we offer several types of quiche that we're sure your kids will love.
5. Tomatoes: Categorized by most as a vegetable, tomatoes are actually a fruit. And, with good reason since they contain the seeds inside and are sweet! Try cutting some cherry tomatoes for a sweet, vitamin and antioxidant rich food!